Progressive new methodology for the eradication of Japanese Knotweed
ECS is pleased to be able to provide our clients with a progressive new methodology for the eradication of Japanese Knotweed. Unlike traditional herbicidal treatment methods which are applied to the surface of the leaves of the plant, stem injection targets the application of a controlled quantity of herbicide directly into the core of the plant. This direct targeting of the herbicidal application enables stem injection to be the least insidious method of eradication.
Advantages and results of stem injection over conventional eradication methodologies
- Stem injection is not weather dependant – traditional spraying methods are severely compromised by weather conditions and can not be applied during heavy winds or rain.
- Stem injection can 100% be safely applied in an area where TPO’s (Tree Preservation Orders) have been issued – traditional spraying and mechanical removal methods are not suitable, and will result in severe damage.
- Stem injection has no impact on any surrounding vegetation or wildlife– traditional spraying methods will cause damage to any surrounding vegetation.
- Stem injection is carbon neutral – eradication via Dig and dump has a negative impact on the environment, huge quantities of soil to a radius of 3m depth and 7 meters width from the edge of the stand of Japanese Knotweed must be removed and disposed of by a licensed waste operator to a landfill site.
- Stem injection is accepted and authorised by the E.A. to use on organic approved farms, without causing the loss of their organic status.
- Stem injection is 100% effective.
Post treatment monitoring and Japanese Knotweed rhizome viability testing will be instigated after the final application of stem injection. ECS is currently in the process of developing a ground breaking method of establishing the viability of treated rhizomes to ensure that the plant is entirely dead.
ECS recently carried out a survey for the presence of Japanese Knotweed on an industrial estate in South Wales. The owner was looking to secure finance against the premises, however this was being held back due to the presence of Japanese Knotweed on the site. Having conducted a full walk over survey ECS were able to identify multiple stands of Japanese Knotweed and put forward an eradication proposal to deal with the noted infestation via our 4-year in-situ herbicidal eradication programme. Complete with our 10-year warranty which covers up to £5 million ECS has provided our client with a solution that allows them to secure the necessary finance to further develop the site. With staged payments and over 10 years’ experience in dealing with invasive weeds ECS cater for all types of commercial works as well as residential infestations. If you have a problem with Japanese Knotweed please contact us and we will be happy to complete a survey at your convenience and provide you with a no obligation quotation.More More
Buying a property at auction with Japanese Knotweed shouldn’t deter you from picking up a bargain. At ECS we have over 10-years’ experience dealing with all manner of residential infestations of Japanese Knotweed. Recently we attended a property in North London which was bought at auction with the legal pack stating Japanese Knotweed was present in the rear garden. After surveying the property, we were able to put forward a proposal to eradicate the Japanese Knotweed by November 2021 and issue our 10-year warranty. So, buying a property at auction with Japanese Knotweed is not a problem. Instruct a reputable business such as ECS and we will put forward a sensible eradication proposal with staged payments over the duration of the programme and let us deal with the problem for you.More More
Dangerous pests and diseases could flood Britain’s shores after Brexit, according to a new House of Lords report, which warns the country may be left with limited capacity to defend itself from invasive species.More More
With over 50 collective years experience in the Japanese Knotweed & invasive weed sector you can trust our expert service...
10 Year Guarantee